Thursday, 11 December 2014

Summer daze...

I love this time of year. The milestones that get ticked off one by one as Christmas gets closer. Finding the perfect gift, and much more importantly, the perfect gift wrap. Last day of school, and the traffic all of a sudden disappearing. Space to breathe, and slow down. Online shopping! And planning my Christmas table: table lace, candles, table name popups, Santa hats for wine glasses. The list goes on.

But I digress. Because really this post is not about Christmas at all, but rather a window into a day Immy and I spent a while back with lifelong friends. It was the first time in ages that I'd actually picked up my camera, and I had such fun taking photos of all things farmy and summery. At the end of a photo-friendly day, I always feel like I've had a huge dose of retail therapy, just without the broken bank balance. It's a win-win.





























I love spending time here. The way the setting sun hits the trees. The self-sustainability of the farm: we picked our salad ingredients from the garden, and ate apricots from the tree by the pool. I never leave here empty-handed: a jar of honey harvested from the hives, a dozen eggs of various shapes and sizes, collected from the hen house. For Immy, it's an endless adventure supplemented with giggly conversations. And for me? Well, theirs is a friendship that spans decades and there are few places in this world where I feel as welcome, peaceful, loved, accepted, embraced. These people are mine and I love them.

Oh! And look who we found.



All is right with the world once more.

~ m

No comments: