Saturday, 13 September 2014

Spring things

Well. I feel a bit like I've walked through this week on broken glass. Things get rough sometimes. And when they do, I search - for meaning, for solace, or just a glimmer of recognition - in words.

This book is a thing of beauty. My favourite thing about books like these is that they speak in different voices, depending on what you need to hear at the time.

For me, this week, it's this.

THE HARDEST YOU COULD BE

And you will find no fear here, in unkind words or the hardness of others.

And you will find no sadness here, in the meanness of the world, in the anger that comes from those who feel small.

And you will find no hurt here, in a million insults or a single, softly spoken lie.

Because only a hard heart shatters.

Only a hard heart, breaks.

***

Our week in pictures.

My September I Love You Box, filled with spring inspirations.







Baking. And skittles. And afternoon books and snacks. We got so carried away with the skittles that we kind of burnt the cookies. By we, obviously,  I mean me.

Both batches.











Summer suits and artistic pursuits.







And slightly more grown-up ways of passing the time.





Our mountain holiday post is seriously overdue. Coming soon. And. It's 3:43am. Insomnia and I have been getting to know each other again lately.

Spring, you're my favourite. Come in, kick up your cherry blossom heels, and stay with us for a while.



No comments: