Tuesday, 2 July 2013

All us. Only better.

I love this quote, because for me it sums up why I take a million pictures a week of things which may or may not be quite arbitrary.

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.

- Aaron Sussman

I'm all about the little things. And the remembering.

I searched for two months for the perfect photographer for a family photo shoot. I've always been a bit sceptical of these (the shoots, not the photographers), but with me being behind the camera all the time, I really wanted some special ones of Immy and myself. Mostly a mother-daughter shoot, with Rob as a foxy extra.

We aren't good at posing. AT ALL. Immy hates the camera, and if we manage to get her to look at it then she does that clenched-jaw 'cheeeeeze' look. So I was on the hunt for a photographer who could be a bit more creative and a lot more flexible. Silk purse, sow's ear kind of thing.

And then I found Cindy, at Lifestory. I loved her website, and her blog. And I loved loved loved her photos, which were all outside at dreamy locations and felt like a celebration of life's small moments.

I just knew she was the one.

The photos are dreamy. Spectacularly, comfortably us.

These are my faves.









Love.



Our wood sprite. Off to 'work' and then to 'Woolworths to get something for supper'.



Those starfish hands.











And then this one of her. Which is art and a photo and a life and a moment all wrapped up in one.



I published the original version of this post with more words. And descriptions. And then I decided that if a picture really is worth a thousand words, I was totally overdoing it.

Also. Soap-opera ending removed. Luckily you missed it.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Megan, I love love love the gorgeous photos of you, Immy and Rob. So stylish, so beautiful and so YOU!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Just pictures of HAPPINESS!xx :-) Jeanne